1. Caffeine and sugar consumption increase drastically during finals week.
2. My printer loves running out of ink and paper mid-print.
3. I have a mile-long list of the baked goods and food items I want to make as soon as I'm free Wednesday night at 6pm. First on the list is spaghetti!
4. Wet hair freezes when the temperature is below freezing...whoops...
5. If you're honest at electronics/office supply stores they will actually help you out. All I had to say was, "Um, I'm actually looking for the cheapest possible computer paper" and the worker handed it to me! $5 sure beats $10 :)
6. Secret Santa's/White Elephant Exchanges during finals week are the BEST. I have lots of cookies to get me through this study session.
I've made a few new things over the past few days, but sadly didn't photograph much. Here's what I did document (probably with an iPhone):
1 packet of Pick-Me-Up Hot Chocolate, 1 cup vanilla biscotti coffee, & frothed unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Quick and easy dinner...perfect for final's week!
Spinach leaves & carrots drizzled with balsamic vinegar
1 slice garlic bread (it has garlic chunks in it!) with melted white cheddar
Banana and Flax Seed Steel-Cut Oats
*For 2+ servings
- 1/2 cup steel-cut oats
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 bananas (1 mashed, 1 sliced)
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
Instructions: add oats to boiling water/milk mixture, once most of the water is absorbed, add bananas and flax...top it off with your fave nut butter!
*the flax, bananas, and milk make this SO creamy
Last but not least, we got some snow Sunday night! Exciting stuff :)
Off to bed...I'm getting up super early tomorrow to study before 4pm when I have my neuroscience final. I'll officially be 3/4 of the way done with my master's program at 6pm tomorrow evening! :)