1. Criticism should always be constructive.
2. Teachers can make or break a class and affect the career path you choose.
3. Frozen pizza is not good after the second day.
4. It's never too early to listen to Christmas music. Oh hey Kenny G's Miracles Holiday album:)
5. No matter how stressed out you get with school, life, or doing all the things on your to-do list, do not take your family and friends for granted. They are the ones that are there for you all the time and let you cry to them (in my case haha) on the phone or in person without passing judgment when you're stressed!
6. Not getting into a PhD program will definitely not be the end of the world. If that happens, I'd totally use the time to do a lot of the things I haven't been able to do while in school (e.g., read for pleasure, go apple picking in the fall, watch TV, do nothing and not feel guilty).
7. Lastly, something important my Mom always reminds me of: You never know what someone is going through. So if someone is mean or rude to you, always respond in a kind manner. You truly don't know what's going on in their personal life.
Sorry for the lack of "legit" recipe posts lately. I'm sure you are all tired of my oatmeal postings haha. However, I WILL be making chickpeas and broccoli in a curry sauce over brown rice this week...so be ready! :)