I will be done with classes TOMORROW! I have a final paper/presentation to give for my stats class. Luckily, the project has been really interesting so I don't dread working on it :) As this semester comes to a close, so does my master's program. I can't believe how fast 2 years have flown bye! Here are some general things I've learned from my experience...
I learned to/that...
1. Push myself harder to truly learn and understand difficult material
2. I liked the quantitative courses more than the behavior analysis ones...ironic b/c I was in the behavior analysis concentration...
3. Create a better balance between work, class, and fun
4. Finally, do what's best for me and not do what others think is best for me
5. Ignore inappropriate sarcasm...without getting upset
6. Let things go
7. People will disappoint you and there's nothing you can do to change that (sadly)
There is so much I wish I could share here about my experience. I wish I could be truly honest about all of it, but a blog isn't the most appropriate way to do that sometimes. I'll just say that 95% of my experience in my master's program was fantastic. At this point, I don't know when I'll return to school. I can't see myself reapplying to doctoral programs in the fall because that doesn't give me enough time to think things through. It could be anywhere between 2 years to 5 years. Right now, I just need some time away from it.
My parents are coming up this weekend for graduation and I couldn't be more excited!!! My Mom is coming up tomorrow evening and staying 'til Sunday and my Dad is coming down for the day on Friday (grad is that night). It will be really nice to spend time with them without having to worry about school work that needs to be done! Sunday I'll be going to my Dad's until Tuesday because I have an interview in NOVA Monday morning.
I recently made one of my favorite things to eat growing up...Pimento Cheese!
-Pepper Jack cheese
-Extra sharp cheddar cheese
-Pimentos (plus juice)
Grate cheese, add pimentos + juice, add mayo, mix, and done!
SO easy and delicious!
I'm off to finish this paper and powerpoint and hopefully clean this house in between! Have a great day! :)