A week and a half ago I found out I didn't get off the wait list for that PhD program in Michigan. So, I will be getting a job next year! For the first few days I was pretty upset about this. However, it's definitely for the best. I had still been doubting my choice to pursue Clinical Psychology because I was still interested in Quantitative Psychology. This break from school will give me some time to figure out which I want to pursue eventually. For now, I am SO excited to have a break. Before I applied to programs in the fall, I never even gave myself the option to not apply. Because my master's program is a "PhD prep" type of program, it's a given that you'll go on immediately after. I'm actually happy for this "forced" break from academia. Here are the reasons why:
1. No guilt!!! I experience a decent amount of school-related guilt if I do anything but work on the week nights and weekend days.
2. Seeing friends and family regularly! When I have seen them while in school, I cannot give them the proper attention they deserve. It'll be nice to give them my undivided attention for once!
3. Watching my TV shows the night they air!
4. Reading for pleasure regularly...not just during the holidays and summer breaks.
5. Completely free week nights and weekends!
6. Cooking whatever I want without a time constraint
Did you catch my excitement with the exclamation marks?? :) Those are just a few of the many fun things to come. I have had a few job interviews and I have another in two weeks. Right now I'm focusing on finishing up classes and graduating in 9ish days!! Sadly, I'm only "walking" because of my thesis woes. After graduation, I'll be working on my thesis and applying for jobs 24/7! Woo hoo!
Given my crazy schedule lately, I haven't done too much cooking. Last week I tried out one of the Amy's California Veggie Burger. It was pretty good with spicy mustard, ketchup (no HFCS!), and lettuce...but it's a little boring by itself. I toasted a sprouted grain Food for Life english muffin as a bun replacement! My Dad uses them with burgers, and I love it more than a regular bun because of the crunch and chew! Along with some sweet potato fries, the veggie burger made for a tasty meal!
Fries tossed in EVOO, salt, and pepper...
I'm seriously craving this now and have none left in my house!
I'm off to bed. I'm going to get up early to finish revising the rest of a draft I have due tomorrow, along with some readings for class. I guess I really am a grandma because it's hard for me to stay awake past 10pm. Night all! :)