1. Living a 5 min walk away from the ocean
2. Being in a *city*
3. Talking to my Mom without the inevitable 2 sec lag on our phones
4. Playing the piano
5. Playing with my bird! She’s a peach-faced lovebird
6. Having a pantry full of fun and exciting tea that’s not in my pantry! If you didn’t already know, my Mom and I have an addiction to buying tea.
7. Seeing friends and teachers…which leads to lots of trips to Starbucks!
8. Eating lots and lots of girl scout cookies. My Mom bought tagalongs and I think I’ve almost eaten the entire box by myself…
9. Going to Mary’s
10. Getting out of my breakfast and lunch rut!
Breakfast: Yeah, yeah…this is oatmeal but it’s different! Remember when I tried overnight oats and I wasn’t the biggest fan? Well I love them now! Here’s the key: greek yogurt. I mixed about 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 T chia seeds, 1 container blueberry greek yogurt (the smaller size that comes in a 4-6 pack), and poured unsweetened vanilla almond milk until I could stir the mixture. After I let this sit in the fridge for 30 min, I
topped it with almonds! DELISH!
Lunch: I created my version of the “you pick two.” Whole wheat wrap with half of a mashed avocado, S&P, chili powder, pepper jack cheese, and lots of romaine lettuce! As for the soup, it is a pureed mexican tortilla soup!
What are your favorite things about being home?